I really, really don't want to moan....

But, I just want to know if I can play this game....ever! My comp specs are good enough to play, maybe not my graphics card but I've made peace with that and can accept 2D. I have the documented 'parsing error' problems and haven't even been able to load the demo. What I really want to know is whether this issue will be the same come the 14th if I bought the game or if it is a download issue? I don't want to go out and blow 25-30 quid then find out I can't play it! I'm not criticising SI, I don't expect instant help cos they're working hard to get the game right. What I will say is that I have been waiting for an answer for 3 days now and still have no idea!

Oh well, that's me stumped then. I've read that the patch is dealing with certain graphical errors so hopefully that will sort out your problem, unfortunately I don't think information about what exactly will be fixed in patches is released until the patch is released.

I know you said your specs are good enough, but someone just might be able to help if you told us what they are. I don't want to insult your intelligence, but if you are anything like me and know not so much about computers, they might not be as good as you think they are.

I know naff all about computers, but I think mine are good enough, being at work I don't have access. I know it's 1.66ghz dual core and has 120 GB and 1MB of something, as I said, I don't have access to it at the moment. It is only 18 months old (lap top) and I don't know/think I will be able to play 3D but that isn't a problem.

You won't get very far with 1MB of something! I think you mean 1GB! And 120MB. But I'm no expert either. If I had to guess, I'd say those specs might not be ideal for FM09. But some techie will know far more than me.

• SI Staff

Please keep this sort of stuff to the technical issues section. We are working our way through all the posts and are doing our best to sort out any issues where we can. We'll have some more news on what to expect on the 14th and what problems will be fixed soon.

Archived