Penalty shootouts

Don't know if this is a bug..but...

Went to a penalty shootout in the Cup against Barnet (Currently managing Birmingham , watching in 3D mode)

When a penalty was taken neither of the Goalkeepers moved at all..just stood there

Both sides including the Keepers had taken the Pens twice over.. score 22-22..

The game ended up 28-27 on pens ....(Birmingham going through on pens :D)

Just a wondering if thats normal..thoughts .....

Another funny but extremely frustrating thing was to see when my defender collected the ball and turned towards the own goal just to pass the ball back to the keeper! Wow and what happened...player made rather easy pass to the keeper(not straight at him though) and Fraser Forster(loan at Lincoln...supposed to great keeper at that level) just decided to stand still and watch the ball rolling into an own net rather than doing anything at all to stop that!:D

The keeper bug should definitely be fixed before the release or the game is totally unplayable! Can't see it happening though...

Another thing(I know it's just the 1st version of the 3D engine) is that the players generally look very very stupid on the pitch! There are some good looking plays but most of the passes are horribly wrong. Players can't pass like 5 meters successfully or they'll pass the ball to a guy under pressure. And why are they(just like keepers) standing still so long and just wait for a challenge to come in? IRL...the ball actually never stop moving nor the players near the ball:thdn:

The penalty shootout bug has been brought up in other threads. Funny to me how many of these got through. SI might want to reconsider releasing a demo with this many flaws if it leads to a lot of canceled pre-orders. I have the utmost faith that they will get all of their errors sorted. It doesn't stop me from being disappointed at how many GLARING bugs are present in a GOLD demo, tho.

Archived