Leaving far too much space between the defence and the midfield to exploit...

what about if you played your defensive line pushed up?

I have tried that, tried having a holding midfielder drop deep, tried packing the midfield etc, but it is always the line at the bottom of my assistant feedback, even when I'm winning comfortably.

I have tried that, tried having a holding midfielder drop deep, tried packing the midfield etc, but it is always the line at the bottom of my assistant feedback, even when I'm winning comfortably.

Fire your assistant :D

Seriously if you are comfortable with your tactics and performing well then pay it no mind. I looked at it once, it said 'player A seems to prefer a more direct passing style' and I thought 'I don't give a monkeys what Player A prefers, he'll play how I tell him to play or he'll be out of here faster than a hare with rocket boots' :D

It is definitely the Mentality settings, had the same problem myself. Make sure the mentality settings for all of your players are close together and the issue will be solved.

Am i the only one who finds the Ass man advice rather annoying? Sure i could ignore him but if its constructive advice then it must be listened to. I constantly find myself going in and out of the tactics screen during a match to apply the changes my Ass man recommends. Feels a little like im just doing what im told insead of being in charge, dumbed down for newbies??

Archived