Clubs being annoying with transfer fees

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that bout 50% of the time, a club will accept one bid for a player and if you offer the same amount they will reject or want twice as much. This shouldnt being happening, I know they might ask for 500K more maybe evn a million, but tiwce what the other clubs are preparing to paty, I dont think so.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that bout 50% of the time, a club will accept one bid for a player and if you offer the same amount they will reject or want twice as much. This shouldnt being happening, I know they might ask for 500K more maybe evn a million, but tiwce what the other clubs are preparing to paty, I dont think so.

Not knowing the clubs involved, I'm going to suggest the following could be reasons why this is happening:

1) You could be rivals with the club you are trying to buy the player from whilst the other team aren't.

2) You could be in the same league as the club, whilst the other team bidding aren't.

3) You and the other manager might not get along.

4) The other club may have put clauses in their offer that aren't present in your offer.

5) Not sure if this is factored into FM or not, but the club might know you have a lot more money then the others involved so could be trying to get more out of you. Just look at the over inflated prices Chelsea have played for average players in recent years.

I'm not trying to blindly defend the transfer market in FM, because I don't think it's that good, it's just that there could be a reason why this is happening to you.

well i was ajax and I was bidding for a player from dortmund and they had accepted a 3.5million bid from feyenoord and that wasnt even all upfront and I offered 3.5million in straight cash and they said they wanted 7 million

Ive noticed clubs reject if u set a short deadline date. I have also noticed that clubs can be a lot more willing with price if no human players is interested in the player in mention. And scout estimate are never right for prices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikemanutd:

Ive noticed clubs reject if u set a short deadline date. I have also noticed that clubs can be a lot more willing with price if no human players is interested in the player in mention. And scout estimate are never right for prices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont mean just rejecting bids if other teams are interested. I was negotiating for a player and accepted the teams terms but set a same day deadline and they demanded an extra 2 mil on top of the price they had negotiated. Out of curiosity I reloaded and tried it again without the deadline and they accepted. Ever since then I've only set deadlines in extreme situations and teams seem a lot more accomodating to my advances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikemanutd:

well i was ajax and I was bidding for a player from dortmund and they had accepted a 3.5million bid from feyenoord and that wasnt even all upfront and I offered 3.5million in straight cash and they said they wanted 7 million </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've found recently that teams will for some reason accept less money if you pay in installements, if you make the same offer as Feyenoord you may find that they accept it, assuming of course they don't like Feyenoord more than you.

Archived