Consortiums led by former players

I know board takeovers are fairly infrequent in FM but i hope SI has made them more frequent in 09 as foreign ownership is becoming more and more the norm in the premier league especially.

However, how come there aren't any consortiums led by a former player... just like Sunderland in real life (i.e led by now chairman Niall Quinn). Alan Shearer was rumoured to be doing this also with Newcastle (this is just a rumour) but i've never seen it happen on FM. Should be included IMO as it happens in real life and it would be cool to see ex-England captain John Terry chairman of a newly promoted premier league club

Yeah i think this would be good too i also would like to see the whole upper management of football clubs have more 'investment' for example directors, director of football etc, on my game Middlesborough usually get taken over by a Mexican chairman, but he has not Chief execitives etc, in real life a foreign owner usually brings with him an English Chief Executive to run things.

Yeh would be great to see this, i agree takeovers were very uncommon in 08 for me atleast, and when they were going ahead i barely heard anything about them (unless they were happening to my club) so i would like to hear my of them too. The former players idea would be good like i said, however shouldn't be overused if it was put in.

I once had Man Utd get taken over by an 'Ade Coates', who then also mysteriously became the player with the most appearences for the club, and on the favourite personel list. No idea where he came from, but the game claimed he was a former player. (Incidently, he shares my surname - I know of regens being your son, perhaps this guy was meant to be my father!)

Archived