FIFA admit they are the "underdog" compared to FM

Hi

Now do not shoot me down in flames for mentioning the "rivals" but I thought you guys might be interested in this little piece from EA.

"The words"EA Sports"and"underdog"don't often belong in the same sentence, we know. Somehow, though, we find ourselves repeatedly struggling to avoid mentioning that FIFA Manager 09 is the de-facto underdog to industry standard Football Manager in the space of text-based soccer (or football if you're nasty) simulations. The legendary descendent of Championship Manager still hasn't announced firm plans of its 2009 edition, leaving EA with an opportunity to swoop in and gather fans'hearts with screens and details of a potential FM killer. If EA's preview of the game at the recent Season Opener event in Vancouver is anything to go by, it will have a distinct chance to do so.FIFA Manager has always attempted to differentiate itself from Football Manager by presenting a slicker presentation style more in line with the EA credo."

Well they have admitted they are the underdogs but I reckon they are after 2nd spot by surpassing CM. I was intrigued so I downloaded the FIFAManager09 demo and :

Pros:

*graphics as usual high standard

*training a bit faffy but is more good than bad

*text mode very good

*match analysis tool - i like

Cons:

*line-ups and tactics still not matching the depth or range of FM

*3d match whilst looks good and has improved not sure if it is anyway near FM yet - strange things happen that belittle EA's claim of a vastly improved ai

*transfer system ok but not as intuitive as FM

Inbetweenies:

*Player interaction ok to good

*Media interaction ok

*staff feature ok, could be good

*dressing room chemisrty has potential

*story of the season has potential

Nonsense bits:

*personnel life e.g.love life, buying cars and houses and stuff (even being gay if you want) - now there's progress)

*footie quiz

*sucking up to Chairman

So all in all FM09 not even out of the box is still streets ahead. Mind FIFA might give FML a run for it's money (joke)...:)

K

*personnel life e.g.love life, buying cars and houses and stuff (even being gay if you want) - now there's progress)

*footie quiz

*sucking up to Chairman

They dont actually have that in the game do they?

What absolute rubbish!

Archived