Old events

Some good things seem to have gone missing from the FM/CM series over the last three or four releases:

a) Postponed games, are there in abundance in lower leagues in real life and used to be on CM01/02 so why have they been taken out? Or are the just very rare?

b) Abandoned games - less important but they still happen in real life, so again why not on FM?

c) Really unhappy players - A la Djalminha on CM00/01, you see players being 'unsettled' but rarely do they go AWOL any more.

d) Strange match events - players pushing referees, caught on camera swearing at the crowd, fighting team-mates: they all used to be on the old CM series. There has been the claim that it brings real-life players down but surely they aren't really that bothered, or it could just happen between regens? Not all that important anyway.

Main one is postponements, seems daft not to include it.

A) I asked about this a while ago, seem to remember us having the ability to request a change in match date due to fixture congestion, don't know why it was taken out.

B) As you say it's less important, but would be nice to see now and again. Not essential though and a majority of people will say they would rather see things fixed than additions such as this.

C) It went over the top when it was there, and you had a player every other season going awol. I don't think it really happens anymore IRL and I suppose the misisng training feature makes up for it, I had one guy miss 10 training sessions in a row before I terminated his contract.

D) Again when it was in there before it went over the top and was happening far too often. It was a bit like the Markus Babbel virus, the game seemed to latch onto this and next thing you know you had 3 players out for 3 years each.

I agree that postponements are a must, but I don't want them to be accepted every time and would be nice to get irritated by the Scottish FA a la Rangers this season.

I didn't mean them sort of postponements Nomis, but yes thats another feature I can't understand why it was taken out. I meant postponements as in, you get to matchday and it is a frozen pitch and unplayable. Used to happen lots.

From this SI Link I found :-

"Cheeky allows you to add the 'ARSE' commmand to the player_setup.cfg file. The 'ARSE' command allows players to act like well, arses. If your CM 00/01 game is in desperate need of an injection of humour, then look no further."

I just started a new game on CM00/01. It's hard to get back into the sing of it. My game has a bug in it though. I prefer CM3 my self. Never any bugs. Hoping to take Agios Nikolaos to European Success.

Archived