Cyber Inflation

I was using FMM and pumping more money into the game as an experimental game, and witnessed a bit of inflation in the prices. The relative amount of cash in the game meant that a bid for Cristiano Ronaldo was in the region of 400 - 500 million pounds. I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this later on in the game, as they accumulated wealth? Or is the cash available in the game of a set value?

I actually paid the 500 million for Ronaldo, but then started taking bits of money off other major clubs to get rid of the excess cash in the game - just so you know.

I don't believe inflation exists in the game. What you are seeing is directly attributed to you inflating the cash reserves of the FM world as a whole. I did a little messing myself and discovered that if a rich club becomes interested in a player (shortlisted) then the owner club's asking price can increase significantly. Did it with a few players so may only be coincidental.

An example just to show what I did.

Managing Club A, balance 250 million-ish.

Player B, sale value 21m according to Genie Scout.

Scout Player B as manager of Club A.

Player B's sale value jumps to 36m according to Genie Scout.

It's a nice (but annoying if you are the rich club) touch that you wouldn't be aware of unless you went looking. So that effect combined with you making clubs super-rich probably contributed to the higher sale value for players and the willingness of teams to pay that much.

Player [selling] prices fluctuate throughout the game. For the first 3 seasons of one save I was getting quoted £50-70million for Micah Richards. Picked him up later for £42million. Either this was to do with my own relationship with Man City's manager or Man City's finances not as good, or maybe Micah's rep dropping. One of the things I like about the game - nice touch.

I think it mirrors real life.

We all know that recently if Chelsea are interested in his playerv then his value goes through the roof as the selling club knows that money isn't an option, (I guess that the same will be the case with man City now). The game replicates this.

With regards to inflation as a whole, although it is not coded into the game, the amount of money in the game does increase over time so if you looked at the long long long long term then the prices of players would rise because clubs would have more money.

This isn't really inflation but has sort of the same affect althogh very slowly and over a VERY long period.

Archived