mayb to late

Merl

i no fm 09 is nearly out in the shops BUT i was thinkning that if they could ad this it would be a really goodidea for the smaller clubs and managers that want a challange. my proposal is that you can ask for the sell on clause or any other clauses in advance in exchange for accepting a smaller cash option. it might be tooo late but i think it would add more realism to the 'game'. but just an idea

let me know you views and mayb if loas of people like it then FM might include it in fm09

I'm 100% positive no more new features will be getting into FM09. And your idea, tbh, is quite pants. How can you ask for a sell on clause before the guy has been sold on? Its just ridiculous and no one will go for it. In reality, if you want your clauses as cash in the bank, don't make outrageous demands with them, (like after 30 international apps). IRL, the media are always very wary to say a fee "could potentially rise to X amount" - due to the fact that he could leave the club before the clauses are put into effect.

Just have it in your mind that your clauses may not get to you, and adjust the initial cash fee accordingly.

ok sorry guys i mean say a team like southampton sell a player for £5m upfront then 5mill after 10 internationals then southampton can ask for sumfin like 3million off the buying club if they are in financial difficulty in return for the 10internationals to be forgotten

hopfully this is made clearer

ok sorry guys i mean say a team like southampton sell a player for £5m upfront then 5mill after 10 internationals then southampton can ask for sumfin like 3million off the buying club if they are in financial difficulty in return for the 10internationals to be forgotten

hopfully this is made clearer

I thought it was other thing.

I thought you wanted to be able to buy for example 25% of the player without bringing him to the club. Buy a percentege of a player and if he was sold you would get that.

yeah id rather sell him elsewhere where i'd actually get the money although admittedly it is very annoying (ecspecially with the lesser players in your team) when you are trying to selll but the only interested club cant bid becuase of financial difficulties.

yer i ment that too but i wouldnt be assed to write it in the 2nd post lol but i was just thinnking it would help the little clubs out because saints asked for it off arsenal for theo

but football teams arn't charitys out to cater for smaller clubs, they are primarily buisnesses.

and can you explain what happened in theo walcotts case, between southampton and arsenal?

saints had a 30% or sumfin sell on clause and a clause that says if he plays a certain amount for england arsenal would pay saints X amount and cos saints are poor atm saints said give us £3million now and forget about the future clauses (payments)

saints had a 30% or sumfin sell on clause and a clause that says if he plays a certain amount for england arsenal would pay saints X amount and cos saints are poor atm saints said give us £3million now and forget about the future clauses (payments)

oooooooh. i get what your saying now- you should be able to "buy-back your clauses" as such. that is a very good idea. ecspecially when you buy a very good yound player from a small-ish club and instead of paying the 25% sell-on you promised them (which could be something like 10mil) you only pay them 2mil a year before you sell him becuase the small-ish club you bought him from let you buy-out that clause. as long as it does happen IRL, it definatly should be included in the game- but not if it doesn't!

Archived