suggestion for chairman interaction

I think at various points during the season the chairman of our club should approach the manager for an update of how various things are going, or to give instruction to the manager. eg

if we signed a new £10million striker who hasn't scored after ten games, the chairmen might say -

"Do you think we've wasted our money on David Norris or do you still think he'll come good?"

or stuff like this

"What are your plans for the transfer window, are you happy with the squad?"

"can we get into the champions league this year?"

"Why do you keep on playing tommy Miller, I never even notice him on the pitch"

"Did we really need to sign a 34 year-old central midfielder , we've already got 9 senior players who can play there!"

"I wish you'd sign more domestic players, the team is losing it's identity"

"Don't worry about the league cup, I think it's a waste of time, I won't even be at the games!"

"I'm really pleased to see a couple of academy lads have broken into the first team. Good going"

Our answers or responses could contribute to our chairmans attitude towards us, such that a chairman might be extra supportive, or try and boot us out the door as soon as possible. He could also come back with follow up responses eg

"You said you were certain we would be in the champions league next year! You've got one more season to get us there or you'r fired!"

"We spent £10million on Norris and now he's playing in the reserves! I'm cutting the transfer budget to £2 million next year."

Different chairmen should have different personalities, so that managing different teams presents more distinct challenges. Chairmen could (maybe they do already, but it's barely noticeable in the game with the exception of 1 or 2 high profile chairmen) have hidden stats for how much they prioritise big-name signings, financial prudence, Youth development, team stature, domestic/foreign player bias and other things which I can't think of right now.

i know some of this is effectively displayed with the confidence bar screen, but I think it would be more realistic and more fun if we had actual discussions/talks/meetings with our chairman.

When things start to get really bad I'd like to get called to a board meeting and have to tell them where things have gone wrong. And when i'm sacked I'd like the opportunity to say the chairmen was an idiot, or a great guy and it was all my fault.

i'm sure lots of people have probably said similar things to this about the game, sorry if this duplicates anothe thread.

It's a good idea but I think it'd work better if the media asked those questions, we answered and then the Chairman reacted our response by telling us his opinion. If we take his advice and things improve he'd be happy and tell us what to do more often, if we do what he says and things don't improve then he'd be disappointed but let us have more freedom. If we dont take his advice and things improve then he'd be happy and let us have more control over the team. If we don't take his advice and things get worse than we face the sack.

Although that could be hard to code :D

I think it's a decent idea as chairmen seem to have an increasing interest and more critical judgement on managers' performances IRL. As long as it doesn't become tiresome or repetitive with so many possible views on so many areas I would welcome it

Good idea but this should also be added to player interaction cos at the moment it's too general. Manager's have always built relationships with players and/or Chairman and this should be reflected in the game.

An example. Player X retires and becomes Chairman, you are listed in his favourite personnel so he offers you the Manager's job at his club.

It would be great if it was all tied in with player interaction and media interaction, some things are discussed privately with players and chairmen, but then rumours appear in the media of the chairman being unhappy about stuff, and the press ask you about your relationship with the chairman. I really hope the 'press conference' feature isn't just questions about matches, but can cover all aspects of the club inc the chairman. IRL managers get asked all sorts of things about attendances, stadium developments, transfers, wage bills, investment, board members, other players, other managers, other jobs etc etc

Archived