MLS and job security

Never play MLS before so i decided to have a go at it. I choose Colorado (using a random number generator, since i dont know any team there). it's half way through first season and my team is sitting at the top of the conference conformable. However the Board have been disappointed with my performance in the league so far, and my job security is "Insecure".

What is strange as well the manager of Toronto FC is always insecure. and they are also at the top of the table. Is this a well known issue in MLS?

I've played MLS a lot and it's a mess. Most of the teams want you to "win MLS" but aren't sure if that means the Presidents Trophy (top of the table) or the MLS Cup (playoffs)

Then throw in the US Open Cup which you always lose somehow, usually due to poor scheduling like the day after you played MLS and you have 7 internationals gone and the board freaks out.

Have seen both conference leaders fired in midseason for their "poor" record. I have been sacked the day before the MLS Cup for not winning the MLS.

It's a mess as I said.

I've played MLS a lot and it's a mess. Most of the teams want you to "win MLS" but aren't sure if that means the Presidents Trophy (top of the table) or the MLS Cup (playoffs)

Then throw in the US Open Cup which you always lose somehow, usually due to poor scheduling like the day after you played MLS and you have 7 internationals gone and the board freaks out.

Have seen both conference leaders fired in midseason for their "poor" record. I have been sacked the day before the MLS Cup for not winning the MLS.

It's a mess as I said.

well both conference leaders did get fired in my game in mid season as well. unfortunately one of them is me. annoying thing is i clearly have the best record in the whole league, yet no one else other than me and the other poor bloke got sack. I probably wouldn't moan if other managers who are in the lower end of the table got sack as well, but all of them are secure in their job.

Time to start another game in another league i think.

Archived