Updates

extract the updated database and put it in documents>sports interactive>fm2008>db folder, and then start up fm... it should be available as an option when you go to start a new game to pick the updated db!

I've done that rinso, I just tried to start a new game, but it didnt give me an option to start up any different database's...

I now have 2 folders in the db folder - the one i downloaded & one called 800 (the orig one i think)

Would really appreciate some help as ive been on this for hours.

Thanks

According to that you have it in the wrong location. The 8.0.0 database should not be in the same location as a custom database.

Custom database should be in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db.

Thanks you guys have been so so helpfull so far....

Now i know you probably cant beleive how dumb im being....

i've started the download of this patch... once i get it, what do i do with it?

sorry if im testing your patience

No you're not testing my patience. I don't mind helping. :)

Anyway, you will have to extract it. Then just double click on the extracted patch and click update. Click finish when it is done updating and that is it.

Some one sent me it... i think its called weegie actually..

So where do i get a patch? lol

Sorry im hopeless guys, you are saving my sanity.... just about

Once its extracted open this folder called weegie. Is there another folder in there with a simillar name? If so then move this second folder to the my documents\sportsinteractive\db folder and try again. I downloaded the weegie update and like you I couldn't get it to work until I look inside the folder and found the relevant files were in another folder within weegie.

Hope this makes sense because I'm trying to type and watch Billy Connolly at the same time!

Once its extracted open this folder called weegie. Is there another folder in there with a simillar name? If so then move this second folder to the my documents\sportsinteractive\db folder and try again. I downloaded the weegie update and like you I couldn't get it to work until I look inside the folder and found the relevant files were in another folder within weegie.

Hope this makes sense because I'm trying to type and watch Billy Connolly at the same time!

Yeah, that is a good point trekman. It won't work if there the database is a folder within a folder.

YESSSSSSS!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

It is now working

you guys are awesome!!! Thanks ever so much!!!

Off for a wee hour of game play before bed now

thanks everyone foryour help

Thanks thanks thanks

Chris

YESSSSSSS!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

It is now working

you guys are awesome!!! Thanks ever so much!!!

Off for a wee hour of game play before bed now

thanks everyone foryour help

Thanks thanks thanks

Chris

lol another happy customer! :thup:

Some one sent me it... i think its called weegie actually..

Just in case you don't know the latest version of the weegie database will be out this friday. Glad you've got things working now.

is there a thread for latest transfer database file or am i beeing blind, regards

There are no official ones but there are several threads in the editors hideway where people have released updated databases. There is at least 5 or 6 of them.

Archived