Dangerously low on memory

I'm getting this error message on my save in FM06, shortly followed by one saying FM has run out of system memory and will close down.

I don't have any other applications running at the time (other than occasionally Firefox), FM is using around 170MB of RAM and I have 2GB. Any ideas, anyone had this in the past? It's a long term save game and I'd really rather not get rid.

im sure i saw something similar t this in the "bugs" thread other day, admittedly its for 08, but im sure the solutions would work.. ill see if i can lay me paws on it

its definitely a fm-related memory warnign and not a system one, isnt it? seems an idea is to increase virtual memory, although i dont see that would help as you already have plenty of ram there...

i've only got 1GB mem at the moment until i'm bothered to upgrade, i got that message when i installed FM08 on this inferior pc until i changed the virtual memory to "system managed". haven't had that message since, played 2 game years since without any problems.

• 4 months later...

Archived