Issues to fix for FMH09

1. crashing games

2. contracts when signing a 1 year contract they should add a year on and not be just to the end of the season

3. when signing a player everything is completed only for it to fall through as the player has not passed a medical but when you look at whats wrong with them there is no injuries

4. International call ups clashing with champions league fixtures

5. players not getting called up to international tournaments eg african nations, copa america

3. when signing a player everything is completed only for it to fall through as the player has not passed a medical but when you look at whats wrong with them there is no injuries

I had this with Torres. Tried to buy him in the January transfer window and he failed his medical (nothing wrong according to "availability" screen) but then two days later he had a broken ankle!

1. Fix loans at the start of the game. Some loans end before the game starts but the player stays for the whole season. It is the same with loans that end soon after you start but, again, last for a season.

2. Please, Please sort out the fixture lists/stadium clashes. For example, Celtic and Rangers played at home at the same time as did Inter and A.C..

also fix contract issues:

1 players demanding new contracts after winning trophy even if they have just recently signed a new one a month before hand and in extreme cases 1 day!

2 Wage demands a 16 yr old on £50 per week offer him a new contract and they want 6k not likely and also massive wage jumps from 12k to 100k!

2. Please, Please sort out the fixture lists/stadium clashes. For example, Celtic and Rangers played at home at the same time as did Inter and A.C..

I don't think stadiums are included in the game, so FMH can't identify any clash. I know nothing about coding so I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement some code to alter this, but I can certainly pass that on.

Crashes are always being looked into as a top priority.

The medical thing is down to underlying long-term stuff. Things that the clubs concerned don't know of until a player takes a medical for whatever reason. As far as I know, it's not a bug. I've found that sometimes niggling problems sometimes manage to slip through the net when trying to sell a player, as I'm sure they do in real life.

International clashes and contracts are also things we've been working on. I've seen a lot of International clashes fixed already by the coders.

medical situation happens when the player you want wants a 3 year contract but you offer him a 4 or 5 and extra money/sign on fee it will then say he failed due to not passing his medical but if you offer exactly what it says in the original screen the deal will go through without any problems.

It happened to me when i signed Toni Kroos and i managed to sign him no problems. since he was 16 i decided a loan was the best use of him but three clubs all declined because he failed medical when i checked the physio report he said that they were concerned for his future as he had a problem with some leg muscles and was very likely to get injured. I was really gutted that they didnt pick that up when i signed him Im Liverpool so thought they would have a decent scouting/medical system to pick this up but it was millwall that alerted me to his problems. so i started playing him and he is playing great and had no injuries (Knock on wood).

its happened a few times to me.

Also ive noticed 2 other things

1. if a player is out on loan and you transfer list them you never get any bids for them. Why?

2. If a player is available to loan when you start a new team you will never get an offer for them but i have noticed when you start another game the same player may not be loan listed and when you do loan list them you get loads of offers. Why?

I'm not convinced the medical thing is a bug at all. In any case, I haven't been able to reproduce it in any set circumstances. I think it's something that will hit a certain percentage of players at some point in their career and seems realistic to me.

I think teams aren't bidding on players who are out on loan because they can't sign them immediately. I don't think it's all that common for a player to be contracted to one club, out on loan to another but to have a transfer to a third club lined up.

I'll take a look at the other loan issue.

Hi,

Some points from a newbe from Holland (who plays the game every day).

Problems/bugs:

1. Players on loan to foreign clubs do not play any games

2. listed/loaned players in the B team never get any bids

3. Barca B is not in a spanish league (but stated as non league team)

4. Separate the wage/transfer budget + complete financial balance.Now too random

5. Players always accept contracts, even if they are unhappy or want to join a bigger club

6. Send players to physio when needed, now you can't do anything with your injury prone players.

7. Strange teams in Champions league very often

8. When loaning out a player during the season, his match stats for his former club are vanished until next season.

9. Being able to Recall players from loan

10. Players signing contracts for 1/2 year during midseason transfer period

11. Not being able to 'hold' the x button during bids. Now you have to press it lots of times..

12. Change the league structure for the Netherlands.

Is FM Handheld 2009 already confirmed btw?

I've found that teams knocked out of the Champions League 3rd qualifying round are going into the UEFA cup!

I laughed when I managed to knock out Man U with Real Sociedad after finishing 4th in la liga the year before, and noticed they ended up in the UEFA cup - also the season before played Chelsea in the first UEFA group stage who had dropped in through the champions league, but I'm sure Champions League teams dont enter the UEFA cup until after the 1st group stage - look at rangers, they are out of Europe now after losing their qualifying round arent they?

Two major issues with loan signings that need to be fixed in the next version:

1. Time period. Even when I sign a loan player for 3 months he stays until the end of the season! Equally, I loaned out two strikers for 3 months in August and didn't get them back for a year!

2. Wages. I never offer to pay any wages for loan players, and yet their full parent club wages get added to my wage bill! Signed 2 midfielders on loan who were both on 10k per week for lowely Wycombe... Loan contract page showed I was paying nothing. My permitted wage bill was only 40k per week. However, I was suddenly 20k over my wage bill and the board were unhappy with me!

It would also be good if so many players didn't get transfer listed simply because they wanted a new contract. The number of times I've bid stupid money for players who are listed, only to realise the club has no intention of selling them - they were listed by request because they wanted higher wages. (It's normally top players like Ronaldo.)

when a player is transfer listed by the club they should tell you how much they are willing to sell them for when you make an enquiry as at the minute 90% of the time they say they dont want to sell him! so whats the point in putting him on the transfer list?

And has anyone mentioned the resetting captain issue? When you sub your captain during a game, and select a new captain from your tactics screen, it ignores this and makes the goalie captain! This is a real pain for me as my veteran striker is my captain and I have to sub him pretty much every game cos he gets tired! So I select a new captain, it ignores it after I've clicked confirm, then I have to go back and reselect a captain for it to work!

I had something similar to daz... As Rangers manager I had Antonio Valencia as my captain and if I took him off I'd always have Steven Naismith as my captain. After I left Naismith out for one game 'cause he was tired, I brought him back into the team. This time I had Valencia taken off and when looking for his name in the captain bit, he never came up! This didn't change in any of the following games either :(

the way the fans react. on minute they are praising my work then by the end of the month the board are saying to ignore the fans who are calling for me to be sacked, inconsistency. Also the board reactions ive been top of the league all season won the league cup and in the semis of FA and euro cup and they are satisfied! id being over the moon with that! In the end i won everything and they are very pleased they should be delighted!

Which Russian players do you mean? Like have you got examples?

any that play in russia ive never seen any players contracts on the expiring page, they appear but you cant approach them and then they sign a new contract

Russian team players contracts never expire they always renew them unlike every other league the players always sign new contracts. Has anybody else noticed this?

Their contracts end 31st December rather than 30th June, so you'd need to approach players in August - however as the English database ends 10th June, the contacts are automatically renewed - I guess this is a bug, but it doesn't happen with Edu from Hoffenheim who's contact also ends on the 31st December. Also, Daniel Carvalho from CSKA can be signed on a free 1st season..

Having said all that, there's not really any must buys from the Russian league anyway?

Akinfeev! but i just think its a bit disappointing especially once the regens start coming through

Oh yeah, him. I'm fairly certain that I've got him on free several times before - his contract expires 15/12/2010 so you'd be able to offer a contract on the 17th july - you just need to keep an eye out as he will sign a new deal if no-one comes in for him. Either that, or an £8m bid in the 1st season ;)

just to say that the mysterious injury that stops me from signing a player has happened again but this time i had to offer him more money to get him to sign, i think it was a player called reet that i tried to sign

playing FMH this morning, when a problem happened again. i forgot about it as it hasnt happened in a while, but -

injured players requesting transfers. players who have long injuries (cruxiate ligament damage etc) sometimes hand in transfer requests because they arent getting games, but how can dey if their leg is hanging off??

for example, currently im Arsenal, and (weirdly realisticly) Rosicky got injured for 8 months. only about a month left until he returns, and he asks for a transfer request, stating hes unhappy ''rotting in the reserves'' and not getting a game!

this has to be fixed as it makes no sence

playing FMH this morning, when a problem happened again. i forgot about it as it hasnt happened in a while, but -

injured players requesting transfers. players who have long injuries (cruxiate ligament damage etc) sometimes hand in transfer requests because they arent getting games, but how can dey if their leg is hanging off??

for example, currently im Arsenal, and (weirdly realisticly) Rosicky got injured for 8 months. only about a month left until he returns, and he asks for a transfer request, stating hes unhappy ''rotting in the reserves'' and not getting a game!

this has to be fixed as it makes no sence

this is similar to what happened last year when players were asking for transfers as they hadnt played even though theyd been away on international duty!

2 more:

- When you bid for a player, the contract is set automatically by the game. So no negotiatons possible.

- When offering a contract to a player, he want's 2K per week for instance, then he rejects and suddenly wants 10K..

Weird..

I've got another.

Make manager points relevant! In games where I like to work my way up the managerial ladder it's almost impossible to get the top jobs. For example.

One of my careers I started at Oxford Utd, got them from BSP up to League 1 winning 2 JPT's and an FA trophy on the way when I got the managers job at Notts Forest. I took Forest up to the prem in 3 seasons winning both League 1 and the championship, aswell as a League cup on the way. I managed to establish them as a decent premiership team, just missing out on a Uea cup spot by 2 points in my second season there. Then I got the Everton job and proceeded to turn them into a top four team winning 2 FA cups, a League Cup and the pinnacle being the Uefa cup in my third second season in charge. Most recently though i've won the prem with them, come runner up in the CL(devo) and won another FA cup.

My points total is over 5000 and i'm way ahead of everyone else in the hall of fame. The Arsenal job just came up, and naturally I applied for it being sure i'd get it, and surprise surprise I didn't get it. Who did, you ask? Juande bloody Ramos, who by this point in the game wasn't even in the top 100 managers in England! I mean what the hell is with that, it's so un-realistic and IMO ruins the point of trying to work up the ladder. It's happened in loads of other games as well.

I wish SI would sort it out, on the Pc version the big clubs actually offer you the manager job if you do well you don't even have to apply. Surely there's a way of sorting this!?

Anyway sorry for the long post but I had to get my point across!

:thup:

totally agree with the managers points as they hold no relevance to jobs etc, there must be a use for them or just take them out the could tie in with my idea of managers being linked with jobs! or once you get so many you unlock something

Archived