Reject friendly competiton - HELP !?!

All the time when I try to create a friendly league in preseason I´m having a HUUUUGE problem with rejections. No matter if it´s in my Hull or Arsenal-game. The strange thing is in my Arseanl game I´m having even bigger problems than in my Hull game, so I just don´t get it.

I can offer enormous amounts of cash and still get " Everon / benfica (or others) rejects friendly competition" and I don´t see why !?!?

I checked their fixtures so it wont collide, I offer them good cash, I can have 2 teams accept (i.ex. Milan and Celtic) but then it´s impossible to get a third team, and I´ve tried with like 15-20 teams on different levels.

Any ideas ? It´s really frustrating and I get freaking mad as it seems so stupid. Why make it so hard ?

Would have been better if you had choosen your dates for the friendly league and the unavailable teams was greyed out. Now it´s just annoying :(

The normal friendlies is no problem at all...but the league/cup is a hopeless case. It can´t be meant to be like this ! How fun is ut to recreate the same league, or edit as it sais, for like 20 times ?

You give up. It ain´t worth it...u don´t even get a reply like " Celtic wants more cash" or something to accept..no clue at all. Just take a chance and hope you are lucky. That´s crap so I really hope I do something wrong and someone can tell me what it is ;)

Thanx for the quick reply anyhow :D

No, I can offer more, but Milan accepted on 6.5m and celtic rejected first 0n 3.5m but accepted on 4.5m, so if I get these 2 to accept on amounts between 4-7m sort of...then I doubt it´s a money problem if clubs like Everton, Man City , Betis , HSV etc reject 7-8 m offers.

Seems like a bug almost, but then again I haven´t tried all the teams in Europe so I might find someone accepting if I try like 60-70 more , or go for like Pisa or Cordoba and offerthem 10m :D

Well I generally never care about the money. The only time I try another team is if any of the teams I already tried won't accept even the max amount. I can't be bothered going through all of the teams to find one that will accept a lower offer.

Well, I never started out on the max offer. After all I want to get some money as well from the friendly league. Maybe I´ll just try max it out to see if it helps. With Gunners I can do that, but with Hull...Then it ain´t an option, so that stil cant be the way SI-games meant it to be .

Must be another way ?

I don't mean that I start on the max. If a club rejected the invitation, I would raise the money and would only look for someone else if I could not go any higher and they still rejected. You can offer the max for anyone but it will be lower for Hull than it is for Arsenal.

You may be gettin rejected becuase they may already have a fixture on that day, day before, or day after...

I think the travelling comes into it, realistically they don't want to play a club in Spain, fly home for a match, then go to the other end of the country for another in a span of a few days.

Generally all the clubs play thier friendlies on the same day as the other clubs in the league, so find a club who has a week between matches and try them, they should accept unless they're complete arses... or they are a large Euro club and try to get some money out of it :|

Also if you're going for an international club, like touring brazil or whatever, make sure they're not into thier season,

I prefer to go on tour, it doubles as squad bonding (not that its needed in the game... i don't think)

I had the same dilemma as you until i tried my theory and thus far has worked

Archived