Skins Problem

FM08_Joe

Hi

Ok i've been looking through the other problems that people have found when trying to put a skin on the game.When i also try it doesnt work.

Could somebody please help me...

These are some print screens of where ive saved the 'skins' folder and also what the skins are saved as in my documents.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/FM_JOE/PROBLEM.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/FM_JOE/FMSkin.jpg

If the images are too pixelated ill tell you how they read =]

Please help

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

I have 2 kit packs- English championship and English league 1. They are downloaded, unzipped, and in my kits folder. The config file is there and looks good. And I have dozens of other kit packs in the same folder that are working fine.

But, these 2 kit packs won't show up in the game.

I've tried moving them to different folders in my main graphics, but no help.

Anyone else have the problem where some kits just don't show up while others do? Anyone fix this problem in a way I haven't tried yet?

I have the same problem.

I have 2 kit packs- English championship and English league 1. They are downloaded, unzipped, and in my kits folder. The config file is there and looks good. And I have dozens of other kit packs in the same folder that are working fine.

But, these 2 kit packs won't show up in the game.

I've tried moving them to different folders in my main graphics, but no help.

Anyone else have the problem where some kits just don't show up while others do? Anyone fix this problem in a way I haven't tried yet?

Did you untick skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm in preferences?

Did you untick skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm in preferences?

Yep did that. And like I said other kit packs in the same folder are working. Can't understand why these 2 don't. I've been having a lot of problems w/ my game though so maybe it's just me.

Yep did that. And like I said other kit packs in the same folder are working. Can't understand why these 2 don't. I've been having a lot of problems w/ my game though so maybe it's just me.

Are you sure those kits have the same folder structure as the others? They are not in a folder inside their main folder?

Have you checked the site where you downloaded the kits to make sure they do actually work?

You don't have a rogue config file for the championship/league one in your graphics folder?

If none of that works you can try clearing the cache files:

You can try manually deleting the Skin Cache Folders, the location of which will vary depending on your OS:

* Win 2K/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\

* Win 98/ME: C:\Windows\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\

* Mac OS X : /Users/<username/Library/Caches/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Cache/

* Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\cache\

You may need to enable hidden folders - in the folder options menu select show hidden files, and untick Hide Protected OS Files.

Goto the Cache folder for your OS and delete the contents of the cache folder.

Load the game up and it should hopefully be working.

Archived