Amazing things in your FM/CM careers?

I thought this might be a cool topic to start up... I was thinking earlier about the chats me and my mates used to have back in the day when we had CM 01/02 and CM03/04. My mate told me that in his CM 03/04 career he was about 10 years in and he notied something amazing in the backroom staff at Chelsea...

Now at the start of the game Dennis Wise was a player/manager with Millwall (I think?) Well defanitly a Player/Manager anyway! I'm not sure how it happened, maybe it was a board takeover or something but he told me that Dennis Wise was one of the board members at Chelsea! I'm pretty sure he wasn't lying about it because we used to go on for ages about our career modes on CM, yes we were 16 years old and sad! Haha.

Then again given half the chance i'd bang on to a mate about my FM career even now lol, the point is though, it's actually not that unbelievable that Dennis Wise would be in the backroom staff at Chelsea after 10-15 years. Chelsea is in his favoured clubs and it's something that you wouldn't be totally surprised about if it happened in real life.

I found it pretty amazing that something like that happened on CM 03/04, i'm sure it could still happen now on FM but it must be very rare to see something like that.

One more thing I remember is another mate of mine told me that when he won the Uefa Cup with Leicester City on FM 05 he had a message saying that they had made a statue of him outside the stadium LOL. Again I very much doubt he was pulling my leg, would be interesting to see if anyone else has had a message like that before.

So what amazing things have happened to you back in the CM (before Si and Eidos split) days and the now FM days?

I had the statue thing, it was an old favourite of mine :p

I had Southampton spend about 3 years trying to get a takeover deal done and when they eventually did, the chairman was none other than Mandaric and also on an older CM/FM, not so much a message but a match event where a brawl erupted after a headbutt. Finally, the biggest boost to my ego ever came when in the board confidence update stated that Forest were delighted to have such a legendary manager at the club.

When you reach April 1st in-game, & it's also April 1st in real life, you get a message that your board are going to give your club £500m to spend on players. When you click "accept", "April Fools!" or something like that pops up.

Nice, does anyone know of any other significant one, is there one for christmas for example?

Think I heard about one where it is your birthday and your manager's birthday or was i dreaming?

Archived