Problem in the MLS

What part of the season are you in? There's no squad registration from the end of season until the start of the next season.

If you're in mid-season, signing any player should get you the "register players" bit, so you might pick some useless player to sign, then release. (Or, if you've recently had a player signed, the email notifying you should have a "Squad Numbers" button on it.)

The few times I saw this happen to me, there was a fourth line under the "Team" + - so, Squad, Tactics, and Fixtures were joined by Squad Numbers ... and I think I had a "cancel" option that just got the previous squad numbers back.

I went to squad and where all of the information was there was a button that said "Change", and that allowed me to re-register all of my players, thanks.

I have a question though but I dont want to start a new topic. What is CA and PA and how do you find them.

Yep. Some regard using said 3rd-party software as cheating.

Your scouts will provide you *some* indication of it with the star system and their comparison to your existing players.

For example, "Is equal to James Smith" means "Has a CA roughly equals to James Smith's"

"Has the potential to be as good as James Smith" means "Has a PA roughly equal to James Smith's CA".

Incidentally, this is the thing most often reported as "Problem in the MLS" - youth players generated for the MLS player draft tend to have the correct MLS-quality PA, but a low CA .. which makes it tough for them to get the first-team playing time that they need to develop. If you're running an MLS team, its definitely something to keep a eye on: if you loan players out, use a Recall Clause, and check frequently to make sure that they are starting games for the loaned-to team. Also, try to make sure you have a youth player or two on the bench, and sub them in for the final 15 minutes of any match you have well in hand. You'll also want to start them in a couple of matches - since its really all about the postseason, you can afford a couple of weak individual performances during the regular season. Especially if you plan on subbing them out after about 60 minutes or so.

Archived