Question for SI

Hello SI,

I want to buy a laptop 10 inch, the max resolution is 1024 x 600, notebook has no dvd/cd player, I can play fm with a external dvd/cd player.

Right now I have a 12 inch laptop, fm works great, (resolution 1200 x 800)

here's my question:

is FM playable with a screen with max 1024 x 600 resolution (10 inch laptop screen) ????

thanks.

• SI Staff

The minimum requirements are a screen size of at least 1024x768 and a drive that can read CD-ROMs (unless you purchase one of the digital download versions)

I certainly wouldn't try and play it on a 1024x600 sized screen.

The minimum requirements are a screen size of at least 1024x768 and a drive that can read CD-ROMs (unless you purchase one of the digital download versions)

I certainly wouldn't try and play it on a 1024x600 sized screen.

thank you for the reply

• 3 weeks later...

I have just downloaded the digital version of fm 2008. I have a 10inch laptop. When i try to run the game it tells me that the game will not run in full screen mode. Is there a way of changing to window mode prior to starting the game?

I have just downloaded the digital version of fm 2008. I have a 10inch laptop. When i try to run the game it tells me that the game will not run in full screen mode. Is there a way of changing to window mode prior to starting the game?

1. Right-click on the football manager icon on your desktop and select properties.
  2. Click the shortcut tab and type the following: "-small_screen -windowed" into the target box after what is already in there.
  3. Then click apply and ok.

That should do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
thanks again

I have an Acer Aspire One with 1024 x 600 resolution and an External USB DVD ROM,

I find the game works well, The Screen Resolution is sqashed but if you press ALT + F11

you can expand the screen to read Player Stats and Historys they have a scroll bar too, so no problems

I am living in Sydney, The Digital Download would great for me. Does anyone know if the DD will

be out the same time as the UK version relase date ?

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Acer Aspire One with 1024 x 600 resolution and an External USB DVD ROM,

I find the game works well, The Screen Resolution is sqashed but if you press ALT + F11

you can expand the screen to read Player Stats and Historys they have a scroll bar too, so no problems

I am living in Sydney, The Digital Download would great for me. Does anyone know if the DD will

be out the same time as the UK version relase date ?

I have an Acer Aspire One too and tried to get it up and running but I just keep getting the error that it won't open with a res lower than 1024 x 768. How did you get it to run in 1024 x 600?

Archived