Failing to convert chances

I was wondering if someone can help me out, I am creating some really good chances but my attacking players consistently fail to convert them. My current striker is Papis Cisse who I am playing as a lone striker. I have tried him on Poacher, Advanced Forward and Target Man - nothing has made any difference to him converting the chances. Often he shoots well wide or well over the bar and i would have thought with finishing of 17 and composure of 15 he would convert many (not all cause that would be silly) but i dont think he has scored in over 5/6 matches. Is it a confidence issue?

Could be. I have four of the best strikers(finishing is average of 17.75 between the four of them) and creative Midfielders in the world but i miss many chances. it may be you create plenty of chances that may make it seem like you miss a lot. I've had games where I've had over 20 shots and only scored 3 times, with about two thirds of the shots being off target.

I have a terrible problem with this at the moment, and it's crippling my Tottenham team. I'm creating tons of clear cut chances only for my strikers (Yarmalenko & Lewandowski) to miss by embarrassing margins. I'm persevering because I believe in my formation (I won the CL with Man Utd using it) but confidence keeps dropping.

Archived