England's new reserve league structure FM13

Will the new reserve league structure be implemented in FM13? In addition, will SI seek to implement the Elite Player Performance Plan, the main points of which include set transfer fees for U18s, the abolition of regional restrictions on youth intake and a minimum budget of £2.5M per annum for elite academies?

The Mail (yuck) has the best description of the new structure, with details of the EPPP easy to find elsewhere. Teams qualify for the top league based on the FA's assessment of their academy, not any promotion/relegation. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2183247/Barclays-Premier-League-Under-21-competition-confirmed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I hope so.

I also hope for many, many other changes this year. FM's been almost the same for a few years now, albeit it always improves imo, just not the leaps forward it's made before.

I'm hoping for a massively improved game this year.

In fact, I cannot wait already, really got the FM buzz back again...and this is my 21st year playing!

The new reserve league structure will probably be implemented, it was announced in good time for SI to code it.

As for EPPP, I don't know. Regional restrictions have barely been relevant in FM and you'd need to spend £2.5m a year to have an elite academy in game anyway, so I'm not sure those things would affect people anyway. The set fees would be hard to implement as players don't have a history pre-16 in game, so there's no way of telling how long they have been at the club. Perhaps some assessment of "categories" of academies will be included.

Archived