Favoured personnel

I'm on a lot of young players favoured personnel lists after managing at Liverpool and bringing some great youth players through, but none of them are interested in joining me at my new club (juve), even though I won serie A and I'm in the champions league. Also, some of them are unhappy and want to leave the club, so it's not a question of me trying to poach some happy players at a top club.

I also lost out on a signing who I had brought through the youth and was his favoured personnel. He ended up at another club on the same wages I had offered.

So I'm left wondering what the point of being on a favoured personnel list is? Because atm it just feels like it's there to massage the ego with no actual real benefits.

Isn't it supposed to make it easier to convince them if you slap them down in private talks etc?

I figured they'd be more accepting of harsher punishments, or 'poor' team talks because they favour you and understand exactly what you're trying to do even if you kind of mess it up a bit, whereas someone who doesn't favour you is going to be clueless or just doesn't like what you're doing?

Archived