Would an increase in work rate/determination through discipline lower other attributes?

I've played FM for a long time but only now am I starting to actively criticise and warn players for their poor performances. What I've started doing is.. Whenever a player gets a rating of usually 6.3 or lower, I'll right-click their names, go to interaction, and warn them or fine them for a poor performance. Nine times out of ten they accept the warning and they often increase their determination and/or work rate depending on how they react.

I've never done this before until this save and I feel it's a really great addition. I love how you can actually see an attribute go up because of my interaction. I did notice, though, that on some of my older players.. If I did this with them and I got an increase in work rate/determination, they'd have an orange arrow next to EVERY other attribute except for the mental ones.

So I wondered... is this because they've already most likely hit their PA and thus an increase in work rate/determination will actually slightly lower other attributes by allocating the PA differently? I've never used anything to see CA/PA other than my own judgement so although I do have my own training schedules and care a lot about smart training, I've never had much knowledge of how CA/PA works in this regard.

Work Rate will slightly lower other attributes, but not Determination. Although an increase of 1 on work rate will have a negligible effect on the other attributes, if you raise it by 5 or more, then yes, you might notice other attributes decreasing because of it.

Determination has no weighting on CA.

Work rate has a very low one, I believe. I don't know what an orange arrow means, but in theory a visible increase in work rate could lead to a tiny reduction (0.2 points, not normally visible in terms of numbers) in many other attributes.

Archived