Second half performance

Hi guys, quick question here. I'm having a bit of a problem with my team's second half performances almost every game. Generally, I'll score a few goals in the first half, and then in the second half I will either start conceding up to or past my goal count or performances will stall and I won't score any more at all (although the opposition won't either). I'm wondering what the cause of this is and if it is fixable?

I consistently get green "seems motivated" or "determined" during team talks, so if it is that I'd be shocked (although perhaps maybe not considering how stupid I consider the power of team talks in general).

Is it a motivation issue? As it has only just started recently at the start of my new season (fifth or sixth I forget), but I've never had a problem with overconfidence before as I generally use the "not good enough" after team talks for wins with margins of 1/2 goals and draws/losses.

I'm completely at a loss at the minute, and it's incredibly frustrating to see superkeeper suddenly every single game and world class intercepting/tackling defenders on teams with abysmal morale sitting at the bottom of the table.

I'd really appreciate some insight here, if anyone knows the answer.

Thanks,

Munimentum.

I keep it very simple:

-winning by 4+ goals, "ASSERTIVE" - Do not get complacent followed by individual talks to the players that don't react as it follows:

- 6.9 and bellow - Aggresive - I am not happy

- 7.0 to 8.4 - assertive - you were not bad but can improve

- 8.4 and up - passionate - you are playing very good

Winning by less than 4 goals, losing or drawing : "AGGRESIVE" - i do not like your performance following the same individual talks as above for the players that do not react to team talk.

This is almost certainly nothing to do with team talks, but to do with the ai team being behind at half time and making tactical changes before the start of the second half in an attempt to get themselves back in the game, if you don't change your tactical approach accordingly you'll at best struggle to extend your lead or at worst concede goals in the second half and potentially lose the game.

I generally switch from an attacking strategy to a control one if I'm leading at half time playing at home or to a counter strategy if leading at half time away. I'd also consider telling your team to play higher up the pitch, narrower and increase closing down to deny the opposition the opportunity to keep the ball in their own half for extended periods, whilst patiently waiting for gaps to appear in your defence.

You use an aggressive tone when you're 3-0 up?

If i am not against TOP team (ex: Real, Barca - i am playing a small team in Romania) and most players are around 6.9 - 7.2 i am.

And something VERY IMPORTANT i recently discovered:

- If your striker misses a lot, EX: scored 2 goals out of 10 shoots, after the game i do a private chat, and Assertively tell him that he is missing too many chances. Sometimes they get a rating of 9+ and still react positive, admitting that they missed a lot and they will try to improve.

- I also fine 2 weeks wages everybody that gets a rating of below 6.4

Hope this helps.

Archived