post match team talk

It seems my players are telepathically in communication with my assistant manager. I have just drawn 1-1 with Brighton, they are 2nd and I'm 13th, I saw I'm pleased with the performance but my assistant wanted me to say I am disappointed. I wasn't disappointed therefore stuck to my guns yet all the players, bar the 1 I gave a debut to, looked to switch off. This is the 2nd time this has happened, previously I had drawn Spurs in 4th round of League Cup and lost 2-1. They had complete control of the game, as I would expect them to and although I sneaked a goal in last 10mins Spurs dominated and won 2-1. I was happy with this but ass man wanted me to say I was disappointed. Again I wasn't disappointed as wasn't expecting to get anything out of it. Is is just coincidence that the players switch off when I disagree with the ass man?

i did after the first instance and signed maurice malpas but he seems to be telepathically linked to the players as well...have no transfer budget and wage budget is minimal so can't get anyone decent...guess i'll stick with him until end of season :-(

So, you basically praised your players for losing a game. Want them to do that more often? :)

Read this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/29092-woifsongs-teamtalk-guide.html

It's not accurate, made for FM 2011, and yet does provide general guidelines of how to treat your players during the team talks.

For the after match talks, praise them for wins ONLY (also, best if you don't even touch private talks them), if they did draw/lose to a strong team play the "you were unlucky today but it was a good effort" card, and be "not very happy" if you lose a game you were supposed to draw/win. I'm not sure, maybe you can get better results by picking other tones, but I use calm for unhappy and good effort talks and passionate for wins (be careful - some specific praises don't work very well, so use the most general one about good win).

Also, no matter what assistant you have, he'll still bs from time to time. The best simply do that less often. I used FMRTE to make a perfect assistant and he still slipped in stupid advices like "say nothing" about beating Barca 2-1 or offering "for the fans" talks to low rep team that doesn't care and is never influenced by them. By using common sense, you can get 99% accurate results tho. I do.

Archived