Stadium Question

i have battled along for 11 seasons dragging my beloved Stockport from the Blue square Premier to be a giant of English football with 3 Carling Cups, 2 consecutive FA Cups, 2 Premier league titles in 3 seasons and a quarter final appearance in the Champions League. 2 seasons ago, on my Boardroom screen there popped up a new stadium timeline showing the progress yet the board never mentioned it to me. I had asked for 3 years in a row for a new stadium but each request was rejected. Is this normal for no correspondence to pass between Board and manager? It isn't a problem for me as I need a bigger ground but just wondered if this should happen. It is due for completion in 2 more seasons and then hopefully i can improve my income. Also, is there anywhere I can find out what the capacity of the new ground will be?

In your facilities there should be a write-up next to your 'Stadium' which says something like 'due to move into xxx capacity stadium on blah blah date'. Something like that.

If the owners feel that they dont have the finances or the fanbase to be able to build a new stadium they wont. It might be more worthwhile to ask for an increase in capacity.

All requests are greyed out but there is a progress bar telling me that the stadium is due to open in June (or July?) 2026. I am now in September 2024 and the progress bar is over half way across. In facilities it just says stadium - Edgeley Park, Capacity - 20'000. No mention of new ground. As I say, I am unable to request anything at all to do with stadia. Just a bit confused that's all! Thanks for your answer though. It looks like I will have to see what happens come 2026.

Are you sure it is under construction or just planning, as if it was still planning then this would explain why you can't see how big or what it will be called yet. However with 2 years to go until moving in i would expect construction to have already begun.

Are you sure it is under construction or just planning, as if it was still planning then this would explain why you can't see how big or what it will be called yet. However with 2 years to go until moving in i would expect construction to have already begun.

It does say planning.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem with the Turkish club Sarıyer. The board started planning without my request and the stadium was supposed to finish at May 2020. Then the completion date was shifted to May 2021. All of this happened without a single message from the board. Then in May 2020, the progress bar suddenly disappeared, and I cannot request a new stadium, as if the process is still ongoing.

I am now at July 2020 and there neither a message from board regarding the start of the construction, nor a progress bar. This is quite frustrating, since I have been waiting for years and now I can even request a new stadium.

Those having the same problem can you please share your experience regarding the issue?

Archived