Board Expectation: Compete Alongside the Top Teams

Hello,

I've just signed for Heerenveen, who came 5th the previous year and have been given a board expectation I've never seen before Compete alongside the top teams.

I'm slightly worried as that's a pretty darn vague instruction.

So what do you think? Does the board expect me to challenge for the title, get into Europe or simply be in the mix looking 'competitive'?

I remember I tied level on points with Valencia, with 92, my Sevilla side with 92, and Barca with 92 (quite the run-in), and Valencia had the worse goal difference... but the better head to head! My board also were upset I didn't challenge for the title! I brought it to them the next season, instead.

I wouldn't worry too much, use your budget wisely, get the best out of your players, don't let draws turn into losses, and wins into draws, and you will be fine.

I wouldn't worry too much, use your budget wisely, get the best out of your players, don't let draws turn into losses, and wins into draws, and you will be fine.

What budget? I have to offload 2M in wages, despite the fact that I only have 19 creditable players. Hmm, this job might be a bit trickier than I first anticipated :D

On the plus side my Chairman out of nowhere got us Barcelona as a parent club :eek:

Archived