unhappy player first team football

I currently have Dor Malul who asked for first team football. So I responded by saying yes I will give you a run of games. However he requested this just after the start of the German winter break. He has now requested a transfer just before resuming the season. My ass man played him in 2 of the 5 friendlies during this winter break. Is the sole reason for him requesting a transfer because I didnt play him in all my 'friendlies'? Or is it just a time scale thing? Surely by requesting first team football he meant competitive matches, which I would have played him in had I had some?

Feel like I've been screwed over a bit here. What does everyone else think on this situation?

I believe when they ask for first team football it starts the process immediately when you say that you are going to give them the opprutunity. I dont believe that friendlys count, and there is a counter within the next month in which the request will be granted or not.

That leaves you out of luck in this particular situation, as the player 'thinks' you havent given him first team football.

Friendlies do not count, I had this issue a while back & the lad still complained even though he started 3 of my 4 winter tour matches but missed the only competitive match in January as his natural position did not suit the tactic I needed to use.

I think this game works on a fairly simple percentage of games in a month system & as he played 0% of the available competitive matches the game generated his follow up complaint.

Never, ever, promise a player anything. They are notoriously short on patience for the promise to take effect.

I even had problems when I stupidly told a player, who was concerned that there was too much competition for his position, that I would be reducing the squad a.s.a.p. I only said that because I actually did want to get shot of some players. Of course, this game sucks as far as selling players is concerned & this chap very quickly blamed me for not coming through & fulfilling my promise.

My advice? Don't even meet with players that have a gripe! You get fewer problems ignoring them, than you get by going through the "meeting" channels.

Archived