Now I know the frustrations many other players have felt

I have often seen complaining posts regarding crash dumps and often wondered why I had been so lucky as to have avoided them in every version of the game I have played (all bar CM1).

Just now that luck ran out, and at a really annoying point, I had just (as Sevilla) beaten Malaga 5-0, and my new striker who has struggled to score since I signed him finally got his 1st goal, when the game crashed on the match info screen. Luckily I do a rolling save every week so will not have lost too much, but I doubt I will repeat this result, and you can bet your bottom dollar my out of form striker will now go another length of games without scoring.

Very annoyed!

I have also had 1 crash,I used to run a fortnightly rolling save just in case I ever did get a crash(could count on 1 hand how many I have had in 15 years of playing).

I quickly changed that to a weekly save as in close season I had done a huge amount of player and staff searching,got my targets and signed maybe 5 players and 6 new staff(had a clean out of staff after promotion).

I was livid when the game crashed as for the life of me I could not remember the new players names or the coaches names,just had to reload and start from scratch,a huge amount of hours wasted.

I have mine set to weekly rolling save because of a dodgy laptop, the occasional risk of a crash dump and the fact I go through saves pretty slowly and might only get a week in a session. The only time I've lost any substantial amount of game time is when I accidentally saved over my Lille save with my Napoli one and with an untimely crash dump I lost about 2 months of the save (was working off a monthly one at the time). Not a huge loss but still a bit irritating and I never bothered to go back to it.

Archived