Game Speed

A few questions:

1) I started a game with 25000 players with the EPL and Championship.

If I remove the Championship will it speed the game up?

What affect will it have on number of players?

2) In the editor, how can i make a club a supporter owned club which will never be taken over by a tycoon etc like Barcelona?

3) I got promoted last season and I am doing better than expectations this season. I signed a few of my main players on long term contracts last season in the lower division. Now that they are doing well in the top division they want new contracts even though they still have a number of year left on their contracts. I have turned them down a few times but now they are thinking of leaving. What should I do?

1. Yes, a little. It will not reduce the number of players very much since the Championship is still full of "useful" players. But it will stop processing their matches, which will help a bit.

2. Don't know, try the editor's forum?

3. This is something we all face and is pretty realistic. Contracts are a commodity and players will demand a price they think they can get elsewhere. Some players you can keep quiet for awhile, depending on their personalities, but others are going to get unhappy and start playing badly. My advice: Renegotiate if you need to keep the player and keep them performing. You can try signing a player of seemingly equal ability from another team. See what kind of salaries they want. If they are better than your player and cheaper, sign them instead. If they are just as good with similar demands, then you know your player is being reasonable and re-sign them, etc.. I don't have a formula but deal with each player as required. Sometimes you have to suck it up.

Archived