Non-football costs - huge increase after promotion

I've got up to The Championship with FC Halifax Town, which I delighted about. I've kept a very tight hold on my budgets etc. I've just hit December and I've just seen my monthly update saying I have lost £770,000. My wage bill has gone up quite a bit as I've strengthened my squad after promotion, but a closer look at my finances show my non-footballing costs have skyrocketed.

- In the month of November in the Championship I spent £239,000 on non-football costs (averaging about that a month)

- In the the previous season in League 1 I was only paying £75,000 a month on no football costs

So here is what I'm asking:

1. What exactly do these non-football costs include?

2. How on earth can they increase by about 318% just because of a promotion?

These costs are going to wreck my save as it is crippling my finances. At the start of the season I had a balance of about £6m (built up from player sales and good cup runs) that's already down to £3.6m and I'm only in December.

Can anyone help and justify this? Thanks.

there are different rules in the championship.. such as stadiums must be all seater and the stadium facilities have to be to a certain standard as far as i know..

in real life areas within the stadium such as changing rooms and media facilities are often upgraded to a better standard so this might have been built into the game although im not sure

There is also the extra work behind the scenes with extra police, extra media, commercial, legal staff etc.

Thanks, but I understand the costs will go up, but 318%, more than 3 times? It seems hugely over the top and if this is realistic (which I'm doubting), it would be nice if the game could implement some sort of forecast where it could warn you of these extra costs so you could actually properly plan for the season ahead.

Also my facilites and stadium were upgraded as I was promoted in a one off upgrade which was all paid for.

it would be nice if the game could implement some sort of forecast where it could warn you of these extra costs so you could actually properly plan for the season ahead.

This, love this, I think there's a thread for future FM suggestions you should put it there. My non-football costs also killing me, last year taking out £33 mil, about half of my wage+bonuses costs... it's insane. I'm guessing a huge chunk of it would go toward insurance?

Archived