Starting a new game: How many leagues/players, how large database, etc?

First of all, not quite sure where to post this, so feel free to move the thread if another part of the forum is better suited.

I've been playing on a saved game in the Premier League for four seasons, and the save is now completely useless due to Visual C+ runtime errors during almost every match. From reading on the forums I have gathered that the cause of this probably is that i have chosen to play with too many active leagues/too big a database/too many players(feel free to correct me if I am wrong and give me some clues to salvage the saved game, nothing would be more pleasing than to be able to continue my original save)... Of course I want as many players and leagues as possible, but the priority is being able to play a long term game.

So, I'll have to start a new game, and was hoping that someone might be able to recommend a setup for the game in terms of number of leagues and players chosen, and database size, to ensure that I am able to have the saved game going for many seasons, 10-15 at least, and of course hopefully without having to think about the number of seasons at all (I am aware of the option to have the game recommend a setup, but not sure if the recommendation will be too restrictive/too optimistic). Would love some feedback if someone out there have the insight to answer, personally I have no idea.

My laptop :

Acer Aspire 5739G

Intel Core duo processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

ATI mobility Radeon HD 4570

4 GB memory

500 GB hdd

Let me know if this doesn't provide enough info on the laptop, I'm really not very competent when it comes to the technical side of things. As the post might indicate:).

Hope someone is able to help.

When you start a new game, the game will suggest a set up of leagues etc for you. Whilst this is a guideline, it shouldnt be exceeded by too much because you could have problems later in the save as the game size grows.

Archived