Squad status effect on performance

This is not a thread complaining about backup players wanting first team. I never had a problem with that but I also don't stack my team and play the same players all time which is completely fine in my book. It is up to you how to play honestly.

My question is whether a player's squad status has any effect on their performances or is it just there for wage limit purposes.

I hope it has performance purposes. As in, depending on the players personality, upgrading a player from first team to key player can either increase his consistency if he is a professional and takes pride in being a key person and a senior (nothing to do with age but leadership abilities on the pitch in regards to performances and not influence, kinda like what Gotze does for Dortmund despite being so young) player. Or the player could wither under the pressure and is not cut out for playing such a big part mentally on the teams fortunes.

On the flip-side a manager can use to motivate a player who is in a slump by degrading his status and seeing if it works. Like you could demote someone from first team to rotation, he would complain and you tell him his performances aren't up to snuff and even if he isn't satisfied he is hopefully angry and wanting to prove you wrong and re-earn his status. Whether or not it succeeds is up to the type of player and personality he is.

I really hope this is already implemented in the game as I feel squad status is reflective of how the change-room hierarchy kinda works and how it influences players on and off the pitch above and beyond their pay grade. If it isn't in the game you gotta ask: why not? and when will it be? If it isn't in the game then the man management aspect of the game is sorely lacking. Considering how easy team talks become after you spend some time with your players and you get your team talk and individual talks 80% of the time right, there isn't really a lot of man management aspect especially between matches. Off the top of my head, I only really use match performance praising, training level threatening and warn player list threatening.

Thanks for reading

As far as I know, all squad status affects is wage demands, player's likelihood to sign for a club (e.g. he'll go for a team that makes him a key player over one where he's rotation, unless the 'rotation' option is from, say, Man City and he's getting paid millions to be a benchwarmer), and a players' expectation about how much playing time they get. It may or may not also affect captaincy-related stuff; nobody's going to follow a captain whose squad status is 'backup'

But your idea would be really cool, and makes sense.

I think at the moment in game it affects short-term morale. So if you decrease the squad status the morale drops and so they may play worse, but if you can fire them up with the personal interaction they could actually play better (lower morale but higher motivation).

If the squad status is increased the morale increases, which could make them play better and reassure them of their future at the club. It could ofcourse have the opposite effect of complacency with a higher morale but I think any difference in form is generally quite small.

Archived