Has anyone experienced a nation getting better regens over time?

I am currently managing South China Athletic Association in Hong Kong. The teams consist mainly of players from Hong Kong + the allowed number of foreigners (3 foreigners + i 1 foreign asian from outside of Hong Kong.

As the teams usually rely on 3 brazilians + 1 Japanese og Chinese player for success, i wonder if regens of Hong Kong nationality will improve over time. At the moment, there is no feeling of development other than looking for free agents from brazil and scouting the other teams in the league for good youngsters. Can the overall quality of Hong Kong regens improve over time, or is this distributed out of a set value?

Maybe some of you have experiences from other minor leagues or small nations? Will the reputation and quality of Hong Kong first division improve over, say 20 years?

i think yours will improve as you improve your facillities i think, especially junior coaching. And as you increase your league rep i would imagine teams in the same league would be getting slightly better regens, although i think yours will improve fastest as you will be spending money on youth coaching etc

Well the first attempt was a disaster, as both the planned training and youth facilities got scrapped because of lack of funds, even though my bank balance was more than enough to pay for them. I have a mad masterplan of becoming competitive in the Asian Champions league, and some day be playing in the World Club Championships. It is an interesting experiment though.

Maybe the reputation and potential abilities of players will improve if the national team rise in the fifa rankings?

BTW, we are now planning a new stadium. A nice waste of money as the current stadium is 39 000 seats and my average attendance is only 6500.

Yeah, i would assume national ranking would count as well, there was a thread somewhere where someone looked in the editor and i think regen quality was a fixed setting, and there was some wierd values in there, i think china had a higher rating than holland! i do think it was based on reputation though iirc.

sounds like a fun challenge, i dont have the patience to last that long, tried to build glentoran up the other day but got bored after a season!

The main reason i chose Hong Kong for this experiment was that the league is only 18 matches long. But you soon reach a point where the team can't get any better. Firstly, you can only have 3 foreigners in the squad, and secondly, finding the best players from Hong Kong will win you the league, but will not be good enough to do much in the Asian Champions league. Hopefully, the national team will sack the manager at some time, and i can bring in a bit of success to see if the game changes over time. Ideally, the game should be dynamic to a certain extent, and allow some nations to improve or decline over some decades (within reason).

Dyron Daal from the less-known nation Curacao is my best player. :applause: :o

Hopefully, they can implement some kind of dynamism to nations and leagues in FM 2013 or later. As we have seen over the past decades, some leagues and nations will improve through investments or sugar daddys, like in USA, Uzbekistan, South Korea, Russia and Japan. Ideally, a league should also get increased TV revenue and prize money if it's reputation increases.

Archived