How to get player to change National side?

I've a star striker on my club squad who has dual nationality of England and USA. He is currently on the English U23 squad. I have excepted a job coaching the USA national squad. Is there an interaction or a way to get my striker to switch national sides to play for the team I now coach?

If he's not in any other squads currently, you can probably call him up - unless he is "declared" for a nation, or unless he says he would "probably opt for England" or similar.

Either way - you can't make him do anything icon_smile.gif

SWaRFeGa is right you can't make a player do anything but players do often seem to change there mind so keep trying to call him up.

Really should be an option to either directly tell the player you want to pick him or do it through the press.

i've managed poor international sides and have had good players declared for england who are never going to play for them!

Originally posted by DH:

Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks anyway. The US squad needs all the help they can get. icon_smile.gif

Yeah I doubt there's a whole load of talent to choose from. I've had similar problems in my spells with Sweden and Switzerland. I'll now be sticking to club management unless:-

a) One of my active countries asks to me to coach them (England, Scotland, Spain, Italy)

b) One of my DDT nations asks me to caoch them (Serbia, Croatia, Argentina, Ivory Coast)

PS. If you wonder what I mean by DDT, it's the retained players you keep when starting up a game - they're all loaded, and continue to be regenerated throughout the game. I'm in 2036 now and there are tonnes of players to choose from if you became Croat manager. Not so many if you went French.

Here's the rest of the story. I liked the idea of having a "son" in the game so I edited the 8.02 database to put the boy in the game. Of course this boy takes after the old man and is destined to be a world class player. icon_wink.gif I gave him dual nationality so that the English leagues and the whole work permit thing would not pose a problem.

The boy is well on his way to becoming a superstar but now I can't get him to play on my national side. This game is too realistic! Dang kids do what they want! icon_smile.gif

The only thing I can think of that might help is success for your national team. I won the African Nations with the DR of Congo. After that several players who had said they wanted to play for France instead suddenly switched to wanting to play for the Congo.

Some players will never change their alligence regardless of national success but some of the more ambitious or fickle ones might jump at the chance to play for a successful side with less competition than wait for a bigger side.

Archived