Ghosts of Bits lost.

Hi

Looking for some assiustance or advice.

The partition of my HDD which my save game resided was full. I temporarily shifted all my My Documents' folder, where save game lived, to a relatively empty partition.

Couple days later I load up FM12 to play and ALL save games are gone from My Documents (whish is now on the other, less crowded partition).

I have searched the whole HDD drive for *.FM extensions (is that right for saves in FM) and found no FM12 saves but tatics I have for example. (I did find FM11 and FM10 saves in the same My Documents folder that was shifted - why are they OK).

I have also run a deleted file recovery program and come up with nothing.

Should I let ghosts rest?

Or what else can I do - thinking of doing a Windows Recovery thing - whats it called, where you can shift back to an old timepoint and start again? Would that help?

BTW, Windows Vista.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. Well i opened FM, and couldnt load last game. Load game had no files.

That's to be expected if you moved the save games to a different folder - FM won't know where you've put them.

I can't believe your files just disappeared, you must surely have dropped them in a different folder or something.

Remember that when you search in Vista/Win7 it may not be searching your whole computer - only indexed locations - so the files might still be around somewhere.

This is just really odd.

Archived