This shouldn't happen

In the screenshots below, the AI has a freekick about to be taken by Powell, and has pushed its attacking players up in to my box. I'm playing a high defensive line with offside on, and as you can see my defence has posistioned itself 12 yards upfield ahead of the opposition, leaving those opposing players standing in the box alone, all offside from the point the kick is about to be taken.

offside2q.jpg

This wasn't a case of my defence pushing out as the kicker played the ball (which should be be how it really works), this was a case of my defensive line remaining exactly where its is in the 1st screenshot before the kick was taken, and the opposition standing where they currently are in the 2nd screenshot (ignore the defender in the box, he stepped back a few paces more than my defensive line did when the kick was taken).

Surely the AI should realise as soon as the kick is taken all its players will be caught offside since the closest defender is/was 12 yards ahead of them when Powell played the ball.

offside.jpg

Even poorly attributed players at the level I'm playing at shouldn't be caught offside as easily as this.

Archived