Staying afloat after promotion?

i suffered the same with fc halifax, got them promoted to the premiership and got hammered week in week out finished last on 20 points... next year won the championship and now half way through the season and sitting one point ahead off the relegation zone...but this year i not getting hammered im only losing by the single goal or a last min goal... so i hoping this year i could stay afloat and not become a yo-yo club...

I tend to go more attacking for the first couple of games as I sometimes catch the opposition out by doing so. If this backfires with large defeats i'll quickly switch more defensive and try to counter attack. Whichever mentality I choose I always keep the tactic as simple as possible and change it only during matches unless struggling for weeks. I always start with Leicester who have good funding and are easy to keep in the premier league but I have kept Hinckley United up there using the same method in my "English hero" save.

I took FC United into the premiership, 1st season finished 9th and never in any trouble. I played a counter attacking 442 tactic with 2 DMC's with speedy wingers and strikers. Currently in my 5th season in the EPL and never finished outside the top 10.

i got promoted to the prem with west ham and then did the double beat united 3-2 aet in f.a cup finished 2points ahead of l'pool in the league i was so happy

WOW - You won the premier league first season? Best I've ever done was sixth and it usually takes me five years plus to reach champions league places. Once playing in the champs league the title quickly follows.

WOW - You won the premier league first season? Best I've ever done was sixth and it usually takes me five years plus to reach champions league places. Once playing in the champs league the title quickly follows.
we just played so well i kept thinking it going to collapse but we just keep going we're had one bad(and i mean bad) game all season losing 3-0 at home to doncaster in the 2nd rd of the league cup a team meeting soon sorted them out though

ps i played a weakend team Vs doncaster but it was an aful performence

Archived