attention sports interactive!

So I've downloaded an update from steam ( my net was connected and i opened steam) and automatically downloaded it. Now the game wont load. It comes with a message saying "Preparing to Launch Football Manager 2012" then nothing happens. When I go to close Steam down it comes up with a message saying "Please exit from Football Manager before closing steam"

I've tried the validate integrity of game cache trick to no avail.

It also comes up with a message sometimes saying "The in-game Steam overlay requires access for assistive devices to be enabled" .I click Ok and then nothing happens

I've uninstalled steam and re-installed it again. I have also opened up a support case with Steam to no response.

I've tried to uninstall the actual game on steam but for some reason it says "uninstalling fm2012" and then it still shows it as ready to play.

If someone (preferably SI) could give me some solid information as to how to fix this very frustrating problem it'd be good.

All in all a very frustrating experience considering I've only had the game for about a month.

Hello,

A couple of suggestions for you;

- Run windows update and make sure you're completely up to date.

- Check the compatibility mode setting - as per here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184720&viewfull=1#post7184720

- Follow the advice here regarding the clientregistry... - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

If you're still struggling after that, I'd suggest contacting SEGA Customer Services - they will be able to give you more thorough advice than me.

Cheers

Matt

I had the same problem with FM.exe running in Processes but not in Programs in the task manager. When I stopped the process, Steam reported error code 41. Then I found out that my graphics card wasn't installed at all after I bought a new hard-drive and installed win7. After I installed the drivers, FM started just fine.

i'm using a Macbook pro with Mac OSX. Thanks for the info though. I've made sure that my mac is up-to-date. I think that my graphics card should be working fine as i haven't altered anything on the operating system bar updating it with the most recent update from Apple.

Archived