Are these specs. suitable

Hi guys,

I'm buying a new laptop (PB EasyNote TK87-051) and I wondered if these specs. will be suitable to play Football manager 2012 on:

Processor - Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor (2.40GHz, 3 MB cache)

Operating System - Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 6GB DDR

Graphics card - Intel HD Graphics 1GB

Screen type - LED Widescreen

Screen resolution - 1366 x 768 pixels

Screen size - 15.6"

Screen features - LED Backlit

Hard drive - 750 GB SATA 5400rpm

Thanks in advance :)

Should be fun arguing again :)

Anyways...processor is OK. Graphics should be enough for usage on Low to maybe medium 3D match engine (I think Low, but not sure). RAM is far too much unless you need it. Same can be said about the HDD. I am pretty sure you can find a better balanced laptop if you say some sort of budget :) As far as I know these PBs are not built together very well, so I'd stay away from the model if possible. If you insist on the laptop - it will run the processing part relatively fine, the graphics part not very well. Expect something like 1.5-2 hrs battery life from this machine.

Just as an example, you can a similarly specked in terms of prcoessor and graphics much better-built Toshiba for 320, just because you are not paying for unnecessarily high amount of RAM and HDD (I'd guess 320 GB should be OK unless you store massive amounts of data on the laptop).

For 40 quid more you get a Fujitsu with bigger HDD (500 GB), processor similar in performance, a better integrated graphics card (by quite a margin actually) and about double the battery life.

That's roughly it, if I've guessed you budget right...

Have a browse on other threads, there are about 5 or so recent ones with plenty of advice and suggestions.

My only one would be to work out what you want from your laptop... Game speed, portability, other games, battery life etc then pick one in your budget that matches. Its not hard but it takes some work and background reading.

the one problem posting here is the threads then to descend into a heated discussion on one of a few subjects, usually i3/i5 1st gen vs 2nd gen, why people dont use the search function or which brand is better...

Just a quick word of warning, my laptop has screen resolution 1366 x 768 and it's not the greatest experience, especially in windowed mode. The game is still playable but some things are smaller like things on the tactics screen and also watching a 3D match isn't great.

1280 x 800 here, things are very cramped but I am coping, I got this laptop for free and I am playing a custom database with 7k players, having an absolute blast! I cannot complain because this laptop was a freebie.

I strongly advise reading other recent threads on choosing a laptop, they will be of great help as the regular contributors to threads like this are becoming a little fatigued for having the same discussions over and over.

Archived