Dont know if to buy it

I think different people will give you different answers. Are there any real killer new features? No, I'd have to say that there aren't. There's the addition of the Blue Square North and South leagues and the Welsh league. The difference this makes is that in the English leagues you now get to manage a lot of different teams you wouldn't otherwise have. Really small teams get promoted to the BSN or BSS and you can then take them on.

The other main feature for me is that there are newspaper headlines for all the main achievements like manager of the month, winning cup competitions, getting promoted. I love these, though would like to see more of them, more variety and match reports as well.

You can create custom formations and save them, which is necessary because you can't create custom formations when you are in the match engine - just load the ones you have created.

Those are the three main features I'd say. Everything else is just tweaking in my book. The match engine is very much the same, except half the teams in the league now play 4-3-1-2.

The game can be downloaded via iTunes or on your device directly. It's big, so Wi-Fi rather than 3G would be sensible.

Those are the three main features I'd say. Everything else is just tweaking in my book. The match engine is very much the same, except half the teams in the league now play 4-3-1-2.

I'm playing the English Premier Division and at most only 1 team have used that formation. I use 4-3-1-2 myself. I think you see a lot of teams using 4-3-1-2 against you because it is a good counter strategy to whatever formation you are using.

I'm playing the English Premier Division and at most only 1 team have used that formation. I use 4-3-1-2 myself. I think you see a lot of teams using 4-3-1-2 against you because it is a good counter strategy to whatever formation you are using.

Actually that was a typo by myself. I played all the way through the lower leagues and half the teams used 4-1-3-2, i meant. I've found that unless you pack the middle of the field in this years version you dont get anywhere so I play the same 4-1-3-2 and a custom 4-3-1-2. When I got to the EPL, more teams used 4-3-3.

Ahh i've never played the lower divisions yet so i don't know. About packing the middle of the field, my 4-1-2-1-2 failed horribly in the EPL, although 4-3-1-2 works excellently. Just by pushing the defensive midfielder up to midfield position seems to change a lot.

Actually that was a typo by myself. I played all the way through the lower leagues and half the teams used 4-1-3-2, i meant. I've found that unless you pack the middle of the field in this years version you dont get anywhere so I play the same 4-1-3-2 and a custom 4-3-1-2. When I got to the EPL, more teams used 4-3-3.

What I found out this year is that there are no tactics that work for all teams.

Archived