Question about manager reputation and player interaction since the patch

I have seen a lot of of talk on this forum about how since the patch, if you manage a big team and only have sunday league past experience, then you will struggle to motivate superstars like Messi because they will have no respect for you, whereas if you select international footballer selected then you will have more success.

But what I want to know is whether your career in management (and hence a better reputation) will cancel out the past experience of sunday league footballer.

So for example in my current save I started with Farnborough then eventually moved to Forest where I have been pretty successful (2 Champions League wins, 1 Europa League win, 1 FA Cup and two league cups (still haven't won the sodding league though)). So will the fact that I am now a successful manager with a world class reputation mean that I won't have the problems of my players not respecting me during team talk interactions? Or will my sunday league past experience mean I am forever doomed and will never get the respect of the superstars?

Really hope it isn't the latter, I don't want to start another save but don't want to continue if it will be forever impossible to gain respect from my players.

Archived