Dear SI: Please use the steam "Beta" feature to give us the last patch back.

In my not so humble opinion, this new patch is garbage. SI have changed far too many things for a single patch, and several of them have screwed the game.

Why couldn't SI be content with just fixing data, match engine and then most basic bugs brought up? Instead we get 'fixes' that ruin the team's fitness (I just gave you a three week holiday, why do you need another 2 week holiday after playing one more game?), but don't fix multiple tactical issues (the keeper long bomb issue still exists), the boardroom and staff issues and just an all around horrible change to the game.

There is a feature in Steam called the "Beta participation".

Please find some way to use this feature, or some other feature, that allows the player to go back to the last functioning patch, rather this this broken one.

I was recommending to people that this was the best version of Football Manager as a whole. This patch has meant I'll be recommending people stick to FM 2011 or simply not bother with FM until SI fix the bad patch.

Only in a handful of games have I ever seen such a bad, game breaking patch. One was in an MMO, and the others were all FPS with bad balance problems.

Archived