Can you have more than one save per game at a time, and more than one game, on iOS?

I'm finally getting an iPod Touch soon, and my first purchase will be FMH. So I'm wondering, can you have more than one save slot for any one game? And can you have more than one career on the go at once? For example, could I have a Newcastle game with 3 save slots, a Leeds game with 2 save slots etc?

Also, when you're choosing tactics like formations, player line-ups etc, can you slide the players from the line-up into their positions, and on and off the bench? Not a major thing, but would be a nice thing to be able to do with the touchscreen!

• SI Staff

There are four save game slots plus an autosave slot, you are free to use these however you want, including across multiple games! It's also possible to set up formations, pick players and make subs by dragging.

Excellent! Can't wait to play this, having played it for so many years on PSP.

I've also noticed from watching YouTube videos that there is a challenge mode, with things like avoiding getting sacked, avoiding getting relegated etc. Do you play these challenges from the main menu? And if you do, do you choose from a selection of teams, or is the team chosen for you? And is the challenge marked in any way, like with a high score table or something?

And while I'm here, are there any other features that the iOS version has that the PSP version doesn't?

• SI Staff
I've also noticed from watching YouTube videos that there is a challenge mode, with things like avoiding getting sacked, avoiding getting relegated etc. Do you play these challenges from the main menu? And if you do, do you choose from a selection of teams, or is the team chosen for you? And is the challenge marked in any way, like with a high score table or something?

There are four scenarios and you can choose any team* and the scenario will setup to try and give you a challenging basis for the scenario (so if you pick a large club for a relegation scenario then they'll be deeper in the mire than if you select one who would be naturally struggling to escape relegation etc.).

*Where applicable - for instance you can't select a team in a division without relegation for a scenario where you're meant to be battling against relegation.

And while I'm here, are there any other features that the iOS version has that the PSP version doesn't?

There are a fair few iOS only features in the game now; your best bet is to take a look though the feature list which is posted in another thread on this forum - but here are a few off the top of my head:

* Stadium graphics vary according to the size/type of stadium you're playing in for each match (and also weather/pitch/time of day).

* Welsh league present

* More players in active database on iOS game

* Player roles instead of player instructions

* More default formation types available

* Improved news variety and interaction

* Graphical News Items

* Challenge Mode

* Star players display for non-human controlled teams

* Loading and saving of search templates, shortlists etc.

... Loads of other stuff which I've not remembered off-hand ...

Archived