bundesliga 3 question

Only the teams that finish top four of the 3. Liga get to play in the DFB-Pokal mate. I think the breakdown is:

All 1. Bundesliga teams

All 2. Bundesliga teams

Top four 3. Liga teams

Winners of regional cup competitions (ie lower than playable on the default German database)

Total: 64 teams

It's closer to the Carling Cup than the FA Cup imo.

However, I belive that the regional cup competitions are not played in the game, otherwise you should have to enter them as well. So in the game I believe that either the 3rd div table is used to determine the cup starters from year 2 on (in 1st season it's the rl starters) or it's some formula according to which teams are entered randomly.

Sorry, I should have explained better.

Irl the teams participating in the German Cup from the leagues below the 2nd div have to qualify via regional cup competitions.

IIRC they are in the db and you can find them via the editor, but they are not active, i.e. don't expect to be entered in them.

What scheme exactly is used to determine who is taking part now in the game, I don't know. Above I posted guesses of which I believe should be accurate.

thanks for the explanation jayahr...kinda sucks then that the other cup comps are in the game but not active...prolly licence related :(

Nah, my guess would be that those regional cups are too complicated and take too long to implement them in the game. Theoretically any team (down to the lowest level possible) could qualify for the 1st round of the DFB-Pokal, but the whole qualification process takes over a year.

Archived