team talk colors

I would like to ask about the team talks and the color they have. let me explain. After you say something to the players, you usually but not always get a response from them (looked delighted, happy, relaxed, motivated etc) and these responses are highlighted with either red or green.

My question is: Is green always good and red always bad?

for example, I told them to "do what you know and the result will come" and they all "looked relaxed" in green highlight. This is usually good but what about the game. Is it for sure a positive response or it may mean that they are too relaxed?

It depends on if you want your players looking relaxed before the start of the game, there is no right or wrong with team talks, it depends on the situation, i have often had a go at my team which has resulted in a few red reactions, but some of them have gone out and played blinders, because they were annoyed at me for what i said, whereas others have gone into a shell and played awful. If your looking at it from a very basic level then yes green is good, red is bad, but you have to decide if annoying a player will get more out of him than making him happy will.

I'm wary of the relax team talk, i have had success in some cases, but being completely humped in others, you really have to judge it on a game to game basis and learn from previous matches what works for your set of players.

Archived