urgent help needed

hi people i really need some help i have bought a new laptop and want to transfer my fm12 game on it but also keep playing on the computer its on aswell, is it possible to play on both. i play without the disk on my computer and am willing to play with the disk on the laptop but it just doesnt seem to work.

any help would be greatful, thanks

andy

You have to be logged into Steam for it to work.

You can only be logged into Steam from 1 computer at a time.

If you want to transfer the game from desktop to laptop I suggest storing your game online using a service like Dropbox. www.dropbox.com

Saving the game to your Dropbox folder in "My Documents" will make it available to any computer you have installed Dropbox on under your user account.

You must have internet access and be have a good internet service with large or no Internet limits.

Other than that you will have to save the saved game to a USB or CD and transfer the file between computers.

I have two monitors and play FM windowed.

Another option would be to copy over the steam folder then install steam into the copied folder on that PC. Log into just that PC and you don't have to redownload. You can also copy across the SI folders from the my documents.

An example is when I installed windows Z on a new SSD, I have steam on a seperate SSD, I installed the OS fresh on the new SSD and then when It was installed I installed steam through it to the steam folder on the other SSD, the games all worked and it saved me redownloading over 40GB

Archived