Manager Of Hull

Hi,

I took over hull in my first season and got 2 million for saying i would avoid relegation and at the beginning of the season i was failing to win and was failing in my bid to avoid relegation. sheff utd were 2nd and rivals to me and i changed tactics and played a 4-3-2-1 ( 2 centre mids & aml,c & r. this took me to a 3 - 0 victory over sheff then preston put me out of the cup but in the league i managed a 6 match win streak and i had barely won a game before i changed tactic. now my lucks gone and my tactics old and doesnt work any hints ? btw im 19th 9 points clear of relegation and only need 1 point to secure safety but for next season i would like to compete higher in the table.

i also had a crazy score of 6-5 against preston which i won with 10 men half an hour into the game.

Hi,

I took over hull in my first season and got 2 million for saying i would avoid relegation and at the beginning of the season i was failing to win and was failing in my bid to avoid relegation. sheff utd were 2nd and rivals to me and i changed tactics and played a 4-3-2-1 ( 2 centre mids & aml,c & r. this took me to a 3 - 0 victory over sheff then preston put me out of the cup but in the league i managed a 6 match win streak and i had barely won a game before i changed tactic. now my lucks gone and my tactics old and doesnt work any hints ? btw im 19th 9 points clear of relegation and only need 1 point to secure safety but for next season i would like to compete higher in the table.

i also had a crazy score of 6-5 against preston which i won with 10 men half an hour into the game.

I am playing as Hull City.

You haven't mentioned what signings you have made/who you have got rid of?

I have gone for 4-4-2 attacking tactic with forward arrows on the wingers and a wiggly arrow forward into the middle behind the attackers on the CM on the left.

My slower CM is holding the ball up,set to normal.

GK, DC set to ultra defensive and direct passing.

DR/DL set to normal.

Other CM attacking

ST's set to attacking with the slower one set to holding the ball up.

I have played 6 matches and am 2nd in the league.

My last game I played as Hull with this tactic (before it crashed) I finished 7th in the 1st season and similar in the 2nd season so it takes some tweaking and some good signings.

I Brought In Frazier Campbell On Loan From Man utd, Signed Noel Hunt from dundee utd, matias almeyda and shelton martis from west brom,

when i used the new tactic i was winning games of course it is a slight defensive tactic i finished 19th 13 points clear relegation.

Now im in the 2nd season using the same tactic tweaking it about

brought in anderson silva - everton, Lee Miller - Aberdeen & Craig Cathcart im 13th and just been put out the league cup 2nd round.. my team are not scoring from the amount of chances ive had. barnsley beat me 4 - 0 and i was all over them of course tht means my defense is rather poor but my strikers had the chances and never took them.

I'm using the Weegie update and playing in the Prem. I edited the budget mind, as £5m is a joke. I've been pretty much mid-table to date (Jan 1st) and I'm happy enough.

However the big disappointments were leading 3-0 at Old Trafford with 20 mins left, only to lose 4-3, and leading Chelsea at home 4-1 with 25 mins left and losing 5-4.

And the game doesn't cheat? Yeah, right SI.

lol teams like united and chelsea will improve more though in the end to push for a win or draw but if your complaining about the game cheating then why are you doing it for yourself ? you can't complain about cheating if your cheating yourself icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aldokemp(H):

lol teams like united and chelsea will improve more though in the end to push for a win or draw but if your complaining about the game cheating then why are you doing it for yourself ? you can't complain about cheating if your cheating yourself icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not cheating, just correcting mistakes in the database. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And the game doesn't cheat? Yeah, right SI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yawn.

Not another one.

Holding onto leads is easy. Do a search.

As for the OP's question, I'd play a short passing game for a while, keep it tight and perhaps speed things up a bit in the second half. Altering your tempo and passing syle during the game is good for a) scoring when you are not having much luck and b) for holding onto leads.

For your formation, though, I'd probably go with

mentality: attacking

tempo: normal

passing: short

deep defensive line

tick counter attack option.

Apologies for this dipping into the tactics forum stylee. Should probably ask the question in there if you have no further luck.

THANKS ILL GIVE IT A TRY AND POST THE OUTCOME SOON =) I HAVE BEEN PLAYING A SHORT PASSING GAME THOUGH BUT MY TEAM JUST CANT SEEM TO SCORE NOW BUT IVE MADEW A BIG IMRPOVEMENT FROM LAST SEASON AND IM STILL TIPPED FOR RELEGATION WHICH IM NO WHERE NEAR SO NOT TOO BAD icon_smile.gif

Archived