Has anyone ever totally blanked the media?

As titled.

I've had unpredictable effects* on players due to totally innocent answers given in press conferences, so I'm thinking of starting a new game and simply blanking the media (even the "new club" press conference at the beginning).

Is this a good idea, or will it also lead to players reacting badly? I envisage the following scenario, for example:

Sign player 'A'

Attend conference and say I'm pleased to have got player 'A' and believe he will do well with the club.

Result: "Player 'A' is unhappy with my comments" (probably because I'm putting pressure on him to perform on top of paying him £50k p/w)

(OR)

Refuse to attend press conference.

Result: Player 'A' is unhappy with me. Something along the lines of me not showing faith in him or something like that.

What do you think? If I always send my assistant, or simply refuse to attend, will there be a negative affect* on my game in the long run?

* which affect is the right effect??? :confused:

I refused the new club conference there, then a news item appeared:

"Frank Serpico snubs media!"

Frank Serpico caused a stir today by refusing to attend blah blah blah...

Journalists were reportedly furious at the snub, yadda yadda and so on and so forth....

All they ever do is lay little traps for me to walk right into, so I'm just going to flat-out ignore them no matter what.

All they ever do is lay little traps for me to walk right into, so I'm just going to flat-out ignore them no matter what.

Use the storm out function button. The press on mine go crazy!

But with every press conference, I know exactly what button to press (It's annoying, but quick to get through)

Btw, 100 posts! Yay.

Well neither the fans nor the board were even remotely bothered that I declined the "new club" conference, so that's good.

I've also signed a couple of players and refused the introduce them which also had no affect on said players, so that's also good. Ordinarily, I would find players annoyed at me without really knowing what I'd said wrong.

My "Media Handling" attribute in my profile is rapidly falling though :D

Archived