MLS trade for Superdraft picks withut selling a player first

Is tehre any way to trade for draft choices? I want to move up in the draft to insure a quality pick but there seems to be no option to propose a trade for just a draft choice... If a team offers to buy a player, or I offer a player to other MLS teams I am able to trade for drafts but not other way?

The problem is that the game is built around the concept of monetary transfers--as such, the game doesn't really have a solid way of replicating the "value" of a draft pick. The computer, for example, isn't going to recognize that there's a potential wonderkid available with the first pick...they simply have a pre-set value for a first-round pick. It'd be far too easy to stockpile high draft picks at the computer's expense to let us trade for them...

The problem is that the game is built around the concept of monetary transfers--as such, the game doesn't really have a solid way of replicating the "value" of a draft pick. The computer, for example, isn't going to recognize that there's a potential wonderkid available with the first pick...they simply have a pre-set value for a first-round pick. It'd be far too easy to stockpile high draft picks at the computer's expense to let us trade for them...

Really, it's far too easy to do this anyways; I've got three first round picks for the 2013 draft, and as far as I can tell the players underneath the first tier of draft picks aren't much help (it's hard to develop players in MLS, given that the facilities aren't that great, there aren't as many games to play in, and it's hard to find teams that play competitive fixtures to send your players on loan to).

Archived